Eagles View Church is one of several area churches that partnered together to begin Community Link Mission. Community Link serves Northwest Tarrant County by sharing the love of Christ through providing food and resources to those in need. It is an incredible opportunity to serve in our community. Here are a few ways you can get involved with the incredible ministry at Community Link:
DAILY FOOD PANTRY VOLUNTEERS
Mornings (9:30am – 11:30am) or afternoons (11:00am – 2:00pm). Serving groceries to clients.
- Groceries are sorted and labelled in a warehouse.
- Each client has a check-off sheet with requested items.
- Volunteer pulls items and fills a cart, confirms weight, and loads client’s vehicle. Sometimes loaders will handle this aspect, but there aren’t always enough people for this role.
- Volunteer must be able to be on their feet for the duration of their shift.
- Working area is in close quarters, so volunteer must be willing to be in close proximity to others and willing to take direction from warehouse staff.
- Age requirements: Students have to be at least 13 and have a parent with them until they are 17
Friday mornings at 8 to drive to 4 local stores and pick up food.
- Type of Truck: 26 ft box truck and doesn’t require any special license to drive.
- Permanent and backup drivers for Fridays
- The Friday run takes about 2.5 to 3 hours to complete.
- Contact Ed Daniels at 817-847-4554.